Read by QxMD
Your personalized medical & scientific journal
- Keep up with the latest new research that will impact your practice
- One tap access to full text
- Search millions of articles from PubMed and our database of outstanding topic reviews
- Read your favorite journals or browse article collections.
- Access full text through your university/institutional subscription or via open access publishers
- Share articles with colleagues over email, Twitter and Facebook
- Organize, review & publish your personal article collections
Integration with your Institution
Read by QxMD seamlessly integrates with your institution to allow for automatic one-tap access to full text articles.
No need to deal with complicated proxy settings and lengthy URLs – Read by QxMD handle everything for you.
Those at institutions who opt for Read integration will enjoy the following benefits:
1 Tap Access to Papers
We’ve always been big fans of Read, which we affectionately call the Flipboard for medical journals.
The app enables you to use your institutional login to access your medical journals in a easy to consume manner. The app has social integrations, a commenting section, and other features — letting you know the key articles your colleagues are reading.Iltifat Husain, MD
Overall, Read by QxMD was the clear consensus favorite … the QxMD team has done a remarkable job of putting together an app that is practically useful on a day to day basis. Some of the key points that made Read our favorite included:
- A very intuitive user interface for both tablet and smartphone
- Really fast full text downloads via institutional proxy access
- Ability to create and save collections of PDFs on the device for offline access
- Robust sharing options for papers that you download
- Integrated extensive tools for annotation while you read.
Why We Built 'Read'
Health care professionals need to stay up to date on the latest medical research and topic reviews to provide optimal care. Unfortunately, the process of content discovery is broken with research artificially compartmentalized by publishers and hidden behind countless institutional pay walls.
At QxMD, we believe that knowledge translation– the process by which new knowledge is incorporated into clinical practice – is an important and unsolved challenge for our health care system. We hope that ‘Read by QxMD’ will be a part of the solution.
Read is already integrated with hundreds of hospitals and universities including:
Harvard University, Johns Hopkins University, University of Pennsylvania, Stanford University, Washington University, Yale University, Columbia University, Duke University, University of Chicago, University of Michigan, University of Washington, University of California–Los Angeles, Vanderbilt University, University of Pittsburgh, Cornell University, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Northwestern University, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Emory University, University of North Carolina, University of Virginia, New York University, Mayo Medical School, University of Wisconsin, University of Iowa, University of Rochester, Boston University, Dartmouth Medical School, University of Alabama—Birmingham, University of Southern California, Brown University, University of Colorado—Denver, University of Maryland